Terms & Conditions
The website www.shakedown.co.uk ("the Website") is owned and operated by Shakedown Ltd ("our", "us" and "we") We are a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 7252978. Our registered office is 11 Hartington Place, Brighton, BN2 3LR and our VAT number is 991 5261 00. Our postal address is 11 Hartington Place, Brighton, BN2 3LR. Our email address is [email protected]
These are the Website terms and conditions (the "Conditions"), which apply to the use of the Website by end users. By accessing the Website, you agree to be bound by the Conditions. The Website is provided for the benefit of residents of the United Kingdom who are over the age of 18. If you are not a UK resident, over the age of 18 or do not agree to be bound by the Conditions, you may not use or access the Website and we will have the right to restrict or prevent your access to the Website. If there is anything that you do not understand please feel free to email any enquiry to us at [email protected]
1 YOUR OBLIGATIONS
1.1 You will not:
(a) use the Website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
(b) upload or transmit through the Website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
(c) use the Website in a manner which (i) may cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the Website is in any way impaired or (ii) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy);
(d) create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the Website or attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component of the Website; and
(e) alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended purpose.
1.2 You agree that in the event that you have any right, claim or action against any end user of the Website arising out of that end user's use of the Website, then you will pursue such right, claim or action independently of and without recourse to us.
2 OUR RIGHTS
2.1 We reserve the right to:
(a) modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
(b) change these Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of the Website (or any part of it) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website; and/or
(c) monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints relating to the Website and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
2.2 We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website for any reason.
3 YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4 LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
We take our responsibility for making accessible web content and software seriously. The Website is committed to ensuring accessibility for people with disabilities and to meeting current accessibility standards, including those defined by the Section 508 website of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. We are actively engaged in the ongoing process of testing the Website and currently comply with accessibility standards Level 1. Many Internet users with disabilities find websites difficult to use simply because of the way they are designed. The Website has been designed to be as accessible as possible and to be compatible with the types of adaptive technology used by people with disabilities, including screen readers.
6 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
6.1 Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy.
6.2 The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions relating to a particular product or service, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
6.3 Unless specified in separate terms and conditions related to a particular product or service, we make no warranty that the Website or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server which makes it available or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) are free of viruses or bugs or are fully functional, accurate, or reliable. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material as a result of uploading to or downloading from the Website.
6.4 Notwithstanding any other provision in the Conditions, nothing shall limit your rights as a consumer under English law.
6.5 You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided to or taken from the Website by you.
6.6 Subject to clause 6.7, we will not be liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for:
(a) any economic losses including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
(b) any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
(c) any special or indirect or consequential losses, howsoever arising and;
in any case whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of either of us at the date on which the event giving rise to the loss occurred.
6.7 Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees, or any liability in the tort of deceit.
7 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND RIGHT TO USE
7.1 You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the Website shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
7.2 You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, broadcast, sell, licence, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
7.3 Except for Personal Data, any information you submit to the Website, whether by way of comment, any chat room function or otherwise, will not be treated confidentially and you acknowledge that we may use such information for any purposes subject to these Conditions.
8.1 If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
8.2 These Conditions (as amended from time to time) contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. No oral explanation or oral information given by either of us shall alter the interpretation of these Conditions. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept these Conditions, you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a term of these Conditions. However, nothing in these Conditions purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
8.3 The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions. The Website is controlled by us in England. We make no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other countries.
Terms & Conditions of Tickets & Entrance into Event
1. In these Terms & Conditions (the “Conditions), (i) “Event” means the event for which You have purchased a ticket; (ii) “the Promoter”, “we”, “us” and “our” means Field Day Shakedown and any associated promoter(s) of the Event; and (iii) “you” and “your” means you as the ticket holder.
2. Your purchase of a valid ticket and entry into the Event constitutes your acceptance of all of the Conditions laid out below
3. No pass-outs, No re-entry, No refunds (subject to clause 4).
4. Refunds are only applicable should the Event be cancelled, re-scheduled or there is a material change to the event. A ‘material’ change is a change which, in our opinion alone, makes the Event materially different to that which any purchaser of a ticket could reasonably expect. A change to the artists performing at the Event shall not be a material change. The amount of any such refund shall be relayed to purchasers as early as possible after the Event (where the Event takes place over several days and not all days are cancelled, a partial refund only will apply, corresponding to the day(s) cancelled). Personal arrangements including, but not limited to, travel, subsistence and accommodation relating to the Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk and the Promoter shall not be liable for any losses incurred from personal arrangements or wasted expenditure beyond the ticket refund.
5. If clause 4 above applies, you must claim your refund in good time before the rescheduled or materially changed event takes place. If the Event is cancelled, you must claim your refund within 3 months of the cancelled event, unless advised otherwise.
6. Subject to clause 30 below, the Promoter is unable to accept liability for personal damages, losses, or injuries sustained at the Event. Any personal property brought to the Event is at your own risk.
7. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the full, advertised billed performances take place, the Promoter reserves the right to change the published bill and/or running times without notification. This includes, but is not limited to, artists and billed attractions. Tickets are for the Event and not a specific artist.
8. Tickets are personal revocable licences and shall at all times remain our property and subject to these Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission.
9. Upon purchase and receipt of your ticket, please check it carefully as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
10. The Promoter will not issue duplicate tickets for lost or stolen tickets. Keep your ticket safe.
11. Tickets are security printed. Tickets purchased from sources other than official agencies are at your own risk and may be invalid. Beware of forgeries.
12. A ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered, torn or defaced.
13. Tickets cannot be used as part of any marketing, media or sales promotion, whether commercial or non-commercial, without the prior written consent of the Promoter.
14. Strictly no illegal substances.
15. Search is a condition of entry and presence at the Event.
16. The Promoter shall be entitled to confiscate (i) any of the items listed here and (ii) any other items which the Promoter considers may be used as weapons, or are otherwise deemed by the Promoter to be dangerous or inappropriate. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to confiscated items.
17. No unauthorised filming or sound recording. Any unauthorised recordings may be confiscated and/or destroyed by the Promoter.
18. Strictly no trading allowed on site without the Promoter’s consent.
19. No unauthorised buses, campervans or coaches will be allowed on site.
20. Wristbands (where applicable) are in operation which must be worn at all times for the duration of the Event.
21. The Promoter shall be entitled to evict from the Event anyone resisting confiscation of disallowed items or who is otherwise in breach of these Conditions or behaving in a manner which is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other persons at the Event.
22. The organisers reserve the right to implement any restrictions/conditions deemed necessary before and during the Event to ensure the safe management of the festival site. You must at all times comply with any and all instructions given to you by Event staff and stewards.
23. Please note that by entering the event you give your express consent to being photographed/filmed or sound recorded as part of the audience, and to your name, voice and/or likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio or audiovisual recording of the Event to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world. This may include filming by the police or security staff for the security of attendees at the Event or the prevention of crime.
24. Unless paragraph 25 below applies, in no circumstances shall the Promoter have any liability beyond the face value of the ticket purchased.
25. Nothing in these Conditions shall exclude any liability of the Promoter for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.
26. These Conditions are governed by English law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
A. Disabled facilities are available. Please contact us in advance of the Event at [email protected] [email protected] if you have any specific access requirements, otherwise it may not be possible to meet your needs.
B. This is a green field site, please be aware of ground conditions.
C. Prolonged exposure to amplified sound may cause permanent hearing damage.
D. Strobe lighting and smoke effects may be used at the Event.
E. The Event is outdoors so you are strongly advised to bring appropriate footwear and clothing, including warm clothing for the night period.
F. There are plenty of outlets on site selling food and drink.
G. Official merchandise will be on sale on site.
H. Please do not buy from unlawful street traders.
I. Please keep the streets tidy, use litter bins provided.
J. Drivers enter car parks at own risk, uneven surfaces likely, this is a green field site, refer to clause 7.
K. No smoking is permitted in enclosed public areas.
- Field DayShakedown is a strictly over 18s event
- If you can’t provide valid identification when asked, your ticket will be confiscated and you will be asked to leave the site.
- So if you are lucky enough to look 251 or younger, please make sure that you bring an acceptable form of identification,
- An in date photographic driver’s license or provisional license
- A valid passport (not a photocopy). Out of date passports will NOT be accepted
- A Proof of Age Standards Scheme Card (showing the PASS hologram)
Anybody found to be using identification that is not their own will result in both the identification and their event ticket being confiscated. This may also result in prosecution for both the owner of the identification and the individual fraudulently attempting to use it.
On the spot checks will be in operation across the site at all times. Please ensure you keep your identification on you at all times.